Our office has always followed and exceeded the stringent infection-control guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
I want to reassure you that the safety of our patients and team member is paramount. I’d like to share with you the enhanced infection-control protocols we have instituted to make our patients feel safe and comfortable while in our care. At your next appointment you will notice some changes that reflect these efforts:
- We’ve installed four high-powered, industrial-grade HEPA filters – one in the reception area and one in each of our three treatment rooms. These filters extract impurities from the air almost instantaneously.
- In the reception area, the fabric seats have been replaced with three comfortable chairs constructed with material that can be disinfected easily between patients. The chairs are situated such that patients will be able to stay six feet apart.
- Plexiguard screens have been installed at the front desk area to prevent any direct contact between patients and administrative staff.
- All areas will be continuously disinfected, including the reception area, treatment rooms and high-touch surfaces.
- We’ve eliminated magazines and brochures from the reception area.
- Each team member will be screened daily and will be sent home if their temperature is above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Team members will be asked to remain home if anyone in their household is displaying signs of illness.
- All our staff have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) to be worn at all times.
Before Your Appointment
- We will conduct pre-screening via phone, text or email to rule out the possibility of COVID-19 infection or contact with someone who has been infected.
- Online check-in: To reduce wait time and contact with others, most of the check-in process will occur electronically before arrival.
- You will be asked to make your payment using the patient portal tab on our website to minimize the duration of your visit. If absolutely necessary, we have contactless credit card terminals.
When You Arrive
- MANDATORY MASKING: All patients and staff are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times until the start of the procedure and at completion.
- Hand sanitizing: Please make use of the wall-mounted hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Symptom screening: Our staff will take your temperature and screen for COVID-19 symptoms. Patients displaying symptoms will be rescheduled.
- Social distancing: Please follow current social distancing guidelines.
- Patients are expected to arrive unaccompanied with the exception of children or those who are disabled.
- Only two patients are allowed in the reception area at one time. If you are the third, please remain in the hallway and call us for instructions.
While You Are In Treatment
- You will be asked to use a pre-procedural rinse.
- Disposable materials will be discarded immediately
- Non-disposable equipment will be disinfected and then sterilized immediately after use.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer once again before leaving the treatment room.
We appreciate the loyalty and trust you place in us and we want you to know that we are doing everything we can to make sure you feel reassured during your visit. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.